Underage Possession of Alcohol
Was your loved one, minor or young adult ticketed or arrested and charged with Underage Possession of alcohol in the Metro Richmond or Central Virginia area? Would you like to secure the most effective representation in the area to ensure they get fair and equitable treatment – not to mention mitigate any potential legal ramifications tied to their actions? Then you want the unbeatable legal team from The Weiland Firm, PLC. We have successfully helped thousands of client avoid the stiffest penalties associated with Underage Possession of Alcohol and our top-rated attorneys will do the same for your loved one.
It doesn’t matter what the details of your loved one’s case happen to be, our exceptional lawyers will work closely with you to find the right pathway forward and fight vigorously to defend their future inside and outside the courtroom. Call (804) 355-8037 or use our contact form to schedule a consultation today. It’s free of charge and totally confidential.
Consequences of Underage Possession of Alcohol in Virginia
When a young adult or minor is caught with alcohol in their possession in Virginia, they’re not looking at a simple ticket or slap on the wrist. No, Underage Possession of Alcohol is a Class 1 Misdemeanor which is the same charge given to a first time DUI offender. So, you need to take this extremely seriously and not just to avoid jail time or heavy fines. You need to concern yourself with your loved one’s future educational and employment opportunities. Consequences for a conviction include:
- A Class 1 Misdemeanor conviction will appear on the minor or young adult’s record.
- Up to one year of jail time possible upon conviction for minors and young adults.
- Hefty fines that could potentially be as high as $2,500 for a first offense.
- Loss of driving privileges for up to 12 full months.
- Assignment of community service hours.
Established Firm with Great Relationships
When your minor or young adult has been charged with Underage Possession of Alcohol, you need an attorney from an established practice who maintains good working relationships with the Officers of the Courts that they practice in – like the attorneys from The Weiland Firm, PLC. We’ve not only worked hard to build strong relationships with the decisionmakers in our jurisdictions but have gone further to develop new defenses used by other firms in cases across the state. That makes our lawyers ideally suited to taking on the challenges of your case and making a real difference in the outcome you can expect.
Additional Practice Areas
The Weiland Firm, PLC is more than just an Underage Possession of Alcohol defense firm. Our top-rated attorneys focus on a range of traffic law and criminal defense specialties – including the finest reckless driving defense in the Commonwealth. We offer all of the following legal services to clients in the Metro Richmond and Central Virginia areas:
- Speeding: The Weiland Firm, PLC is the Virginia’s best traffic law firm specializing in helping clients with Speeding tickets issued in jurisdictions where we practice. Whether a simple ticket for excessive speed or something more severe, we can help find the right defense for the circumstances of any traffic stop.
- DUI/DWI: When you’ve been charged with a DUI/DWI in Virginia, you’re going to need the most effective legal team in the Commonwealth on your side to ensure you don’t see the stiffest penalties possible. That is, without doubt, The Weiland Firm, PLC.
- Reckless Driving: In Virginia, Reckless Driving is a very serious offense that goes beyond a moving violation to a crime. That’s why you need the most experienced reckless driving lawyer you can find – like those from The Weiland Firm, PLC
- Commercial Drivers: When a commercial driver is ticketed or charged with a crime, it can have an enormous impact on their ability to make a living. That’s where the traffic and criminal lawyers from The Weiland Firm, PLC come in. We defend commercial drivers and have an incredible success rate in Commonwealth courts.
- Hit & Run: If you’ve been charged with Hit & Run or Eluding, you’re facing stiff penalties if you go into court without an experienced and respected attorney by your side. The Weiland Firm, PLC specializes in working with Hit & Run and Eluding clients across Virginia.
- Driving On A Suspended License: The skilled traffic attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC have helped hundreds of clients who have been charged with Driving on a Suspended License in Virginia. We also assist persons caught Driving Without a License of any kind and initial consultations are free of charge.
- Driving Without A License: The traffic lawyers from The Weiland Firm, PLC have been assisting clients with driving without a license charges for decades and we bring all of the extensive experience to the details of your case. Our firm offers representation throughout Richmond and the Central Virginia area.
- Habitual Offender License Restoration: Now that Virginia is no longer issuing habitual offender classifications, it might be time to check with an attorney to see if you can have your Habitual Offender classification removed and your license restored. The Weiland Firm, PLC can help you get the answers you need and start the reclassification process.
- Out-of-State Drivers: If you’ve been ticketed while driving through or visiting Virginia, The Weiland Firm, PLC is the right firm to call on for assistance with your case. We’ve helped thousands of out-of-state drivers deal with their charges – often without the need to appear in court. We can do the same for you.
The Weiland Firm, PLC Law Office
The Weiland Firm, PLC is the premier traffic law and criminal defense firm in Richmond, Virginia. Our exceptional legal team has more than two decades of combined experience in Metro Richmond and Central Virginia courtrooms, so you can count on them for stellar representation and impeccable results – no matter what the details of your case. We offer free initial consultations at our Richmond location and our helpful staff will be happy to set up a time for you when you call (804) 355-8037 or submit a contact form through our website.
3437 W. Cary St. Richmond, Virginia 23221 | Phone: (804) 355-8037 | Fax: (804) 355-8875
Serving Metro Richmond & Central Virginia
The Weiland Firm, PLC, serves clients charged within the City of Richmond, the City of Bowling Green, the City of Colonial Heights, the City of Emporia, the City of Glen Allen, the City of Hopewell, the City of Lawrenceville, the City of Petersburg, the City of Short Pump, Amelia County, Brunswick County, Caroline County, Chesterfield County, Dinwiddie County, Goochland County, Greensville County, Hanover County, Henrico County, King George County, Mecklenburg County, New Kent County, Prince George County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County and Sussex County.
The first thing you need to do is calm down and realize that everything will be alright s long as you choose a good attorney to handle the case – like those from The Weiland Firm, PLC. We’ll ensure your child’s future is protected.
Yes, it most certainly is. In fact, it’s a criminal conviction and listed as a Class 1 misdemeanor. That means it will be on the convicted person’s record and could potentially jeopardize their ability to secure educational opportunities.
Your child most certainly will. The penalties for underage possession of alcohol can be severe and range from actual jail time to large fines and delay of driving privileges. The Weiland Firm can help to mitigate those penalties.
We do. In fact, we’ve successfully helped hundreds of clients in lessening the penalties of an underage possession of alcohol charge – or even eliminating those charges altogether. The Weiland Firm, PLC can help you too.
All you have to do to have the unmatched attorneys from The Weiland Firm, PLC on your side is contact us at (804) 355-8037 or use our contact form to submit your information and our team will reach out to you directly.