Driving On A Suspended License
When you get stopped for Driving on a Suspended License in Virginia, you’re going to need a qualified, capable defense team to make certain you don’t face the full punishments available to the prosecution. These can be steep and get even steeper the more times you’ve been charged, so do yourself and your future a favor when you’ve been charged with Driving on a Suspended License in Virginia – call on The Weiland Firm, PLC and allow our peerless traffic lawyers to devise the ideal defensive strategy to achieve the outcome you’re after. You can get through this with the help of great attorneys – our attorneys.
No matter what the circumstances were in your traffic stop, and no matter how many times you’ve been charged with Driving on a Suspended License in Virginia, the highly skilled and constantly innovating legal team from The Weiland Firm, PLC can help you find the pathway to a successful outcome inside or outside the courtroom. Call (804) 355-8037 or use our contact form to schedule a consultation today. It’s free of charge and totally confidential.
Consequences for Driving Without License in Virginia
No one wants to be caught driving on a suspended license. But things happen and when they do you can turn to the impeccable legal representation available from The Weiland Firm, PLC to find the right way to deal with them – either through reducing the charge or having it dismissed altogether. The alternative is to face the consequences, as stated previously, those can be severe. They include:
- If your license was already suspended, it will be suspended for an even longer period.
- You may face jail time depending on the specifics of your case and past convictions.
- Fines that could reach up to $1,500 for a first offense – higher for subsequent convictions.
- Additional points on your driving record that will stay there for years to come.
Established Firm with Great Relationships
When you’re facing a Driving on a Suspended License charge in Virginia, you need an attorney from an established practice who maintains good working relationships with the Officers of the Courts that they practice in – like the attorneys from The Weiland Firm, PLC. We’ve not only worked hard to build strong relationships with the decisionmakers in our jurisdictions but have gone further to develop new defenses used by other firms in cases across the state. That makes our lawyers ideally suited to taking on the challenges of your Driving on a Suspended License case and making a real difference in the outcome you can expect.
Additional Practice Areas
The Weiland Firm, PLC is more than just a Driving on a Suspended License defense firm. Our top-rated attorneys focus on a range of traffic law and criminal defense specialties – including the finest reckless driving defense in the Commonwealth. We offer all of the following legal services to clients in the Metro Richmond and Central Virginia areas:
- Speeding: The Weiland Firm, PLC is the Virginia’s best traffic law firm specializing in helping clients with Speeding tickets issued in jurisdictions where we practice. Whether a simple ticket for excessive speed or something more severe, we can help find the right defense for the circumstances of any traffic stop.
- DUI/DWI: When you’ve been charged with a DUI/DWI in Virginia, you’re going to need the most effective legal team in the Commonwealth on your side to ensure you don’t see the stiffest penalties possible. That is, without doubt, The Weiland Firm, PLC.
- Reckless Driving: In Virginia, Reckless Driving is a very serious offense that goes beyond a moving violation to a crime. That’s why you need the most experienced reckless driving lawyer you can find – like those from The Weiland Firm, PLC
- Commercial Drivers: When a commercial driver is ticketed or charged with a crime, it can have an enormous impact on their ability to make a living. That’s where the traffic and criminal lawyers from The Weiland Firm, PLC come in. We defend commercial drivers and have an incredible success rate in Commonwealth courts.
- Hit & Run: If you’ve been charged with Hit & Run or Eluding, you’re facing stiff penalties if you go into court without an experienced and respected attorney by your side. The Weiland Firm, PLC specializes in working with Hit & Run and Eluding clients across Virginia.
- Driving Without A License: The traffic lawyers from The Weiland Firm, PLC have been assisting clients with driving without a license charges for decades and we bring all of the extensive experience to the details of your case. Our firm offers representation throughout Richmond and the Central Virginia area.
- Habitual Offender License Restoration: Now that Virginia is no longer issuing habitual offender classifications, it might be time to check with an attorney to see if you can have your Habitual Offender classification removed and your license restored. The Weiland Firm, PLC can help you get the answers you need and start the reclassification process.
- Underage Possession of Alcohol: Has your child been ticketed for underage possession of alcohol? Then you need the world-class representation that only The Weiland Firm, PLC can offer. We will work hard to see your child given a fair shot in and out of court.
- Out-of-State Drivers: If you’ve been ticketed while driving through or visiting Virginia, The Weiland Firm, PLC is the right firm to call on for assistance with your case. We’ve helped thousands of out-of-state drivers deal with their charges – often without the need to appear in court. We can do the same for you.
The Weiland Firm, PLC Law Office
The Weiland Firm, PLC is the premier traffic law and criminal defense firm in Richmond, Virginia. Our exceptional legal team has more than two decades of combined experience in Metro Richmond and Central Virginia courtrooms, so you can count on them for stellar representation and impeccable results – no matter what the details of your case. We offer free initial consultations at our Richmond location and our helpful staff will be happy to set up a time for you when you call (804) 355-8037 or submit a contact form through our website.
3437 W. Cary St. Richmond, Virginia 23221 | Phone: (804) 355-8037 | Fax: (804) 355-8875
Serving Metro Richmond & Central Virginia
The Weiland Firm, PLC, serves clients charged within the City of Richmond, the City of Bowling Green, the City of Colonial Heights, the City of Emporia, the City of Glen Allen, the City of Hopewell, the City of Lawrenceville, the City of Petersburg, the City of Short Pump, Amelia County, Brunswick County, Caroline County, Chesterfield County, Dinwiddie County, Goochland County, Greensville County, Hanover County, Henrico County, King George County, Mecklenburg County, New Kent County, Prince George County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County and Sussex County.
Depending on why a driver’s license was suspended at the time of the traffic stop, the penalties for driving on a suspended license in Virginia can be severe – even for a first offense. These range from a hefty fine to jail time to an even longer suspension of driving privileges.
In Virginia, it most certainly is. It’s defined as a Class 1 misdemeanor and that means it can lead to jail time. And that would be on top of any fines and additional license suspension you face if convicted. That’s why you need The Weiland Firm, PLC.
Indeed we do. In fact, The Weiland Firm, PLC has more than two decades of experience helping client avoid the penalties associated with driving on a suspended license or driving without a license to operate a vehicle.
That’s the difficulty that comes with a conviction. The lawyers from The Weiland Firm, PLC can help you avoid the issue altogether by mitigating penalties that come with a conviction or, better yet, finding a way to lessen or dismiss the charge.
No one but you can answer that question. What we can say is we’re sure that after one consultation with one of our outstanding trial lawyers you’ll feel confident in choosing The Weiland Firm, PLC for legal representation.