Richmond DUI, Reckless Driving, Traffic & Possession Lawyers
At The Weiland Firm, PLC, we have attorneys who defend clients charged with violations of traffic law, in particular we represent clients facing complex and serious reckless driving charges, DUI/DWI cases and all forms of speeding offenses. Our attorneys strive to provide clients the most accurate and knowledgeable legal advice possible. We have years of experience working with clients charged with traffic offenses and traffic crimes in Richmond, VA.
Our attorneys defend:
- Speeding: Our speeding ticket attorneys are able to provide you with clear-cut advice on whether you should hire an attorney or pre-pay your ticket. Our attorneys will identify the best way to help you avoid the accumulation of excessive demerit points and increased insurance premiums.
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol: Our DUI attorneys are ready to put on the most effective legal defense possible. Whether it is your first DUI or you have previous DUI convictions, we know how the level of alcohol, as determined by your breath or blood test, impacts your case. We will take time to explain to you the legal consequences of a DUI conviction.
- Hit & Run: Our law firm has successfully defended numerous clients charged with hit and run. The penalties for hit and run vary. Hit and run may be a non-jailable misdemeanor charge or a felony depending on whether somebody was injured or the extent of any property damage. A person found guilty of hit and run may have their driver’s license suspended for up to six months without any ability to obtain a restricted license.
- Reckless Driving by Speed: Our reckless driving lawyers our dedicated to helping you avoid a reckless driving criminal conviction, increased insurance premiums, license suspension, and the accumulation of excessive demerit points. We know a reckless driving by speed conviction may increase your insurance premiums and may, even, lead to the suspension of your driving privileges.
- Reckless Driving – Accident: We are ready to pinpoint the most effective legal defense available to you, so we can help you avoid a criminal conviction, loss of your driving privileges, increased insurance premiums, and the accumulation of excessive demerit points.
- Driving on Suspended License (or Revoked License): Our lawyers will identify the reason for your license suspension and guide you through the process of getting your license reinstated. We will attempt to obtain a court date for you that will provide you the best opportunity to reinstate your driver’s license prior to trial.
- Possession of Marijuana: Our marijuana lawyers have practiced criminal defense law for over two decades and have helped hundreds of people in Virginia accused of marijuana-related offenses.
- Underage Possession of Alcohol. In Virginia it’s illegal for a person under the age of twenty-one years old to purchase, possess, or consume any alcoholic beverage like liquor, wine, and beer. The Weiland Firm, PLC Attorneys have years of experience defending minors and young adults charged with underage possession of alcohol.
We work with out-of-state clients traveling through the Richmond, Virginia area on
Interstate 95, the Downtown Expressway, or Powhite Parkway and residents of the City of Richmond and the surrounding counties of Henrico and Chesterfield. We work with clients who receive traffic tickets throughout the City of Richmond including Manchester, Church Hill, Shockoe Bottom, Shockoe Slip, the Financial District, the Fan District, Carytown, the West End, and Westover Hills.
Our traffic ticket lawyers are prepared to provide you with straightforward legal advice on your pending charges in the City of Richmond. If you were arrested or given a summons, please call one of our experienced lawyers at (804) 355-8037 to discuss your charges.
Knowledgeable Traffic Attorneys in Richmond
Our Richmond-based lawyers know how to defend traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes in the City of Richmond. Usually, prosecutors with the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney for the City of Richmond prosecute traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes. Our lawyers are, also, very familiar the judges who preside over these cases in the Richmond City.
Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with one of our experienced attorneys and find out how we can help you with the following traffic-related offenses: DUI and DWI, hit and run, reckless driving, speeding, underage possession of alcohol, and driving on a suspended or revoked license.
The Richmond traffic attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC have years of experience helping persons charged with traffic infractions or traffic-related crimes in Central Virginia. Please learn more about our law firm.
Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with one of our knowledgeable Richmond traffic lawyers. We will provide you with an objective assessment of your case. During the interview process we will quote you a reasonable fee to handle your case.
Featured Client Review
John Weiland got the best possible outcome for me (dismissed charges) when faced with a Reckless Driving charge that could have ended much worse. He was accessible and friendly from the start, and told me exactly what to do for the best chance of a dismissal – and I didn’t even need to be at the hearing! I highly recommend Mr. Weiland for anyone needing a traffic attorney in the Richmond area.
Review by: Justin Gregg
Rating: 5 stars