Greensville County Va Reckless Driving Lawyer
Do You Need An Attorney for Reckless Driving in Greensville County Virginia?
The lawyers of The Weiland Firm, PLC are highly knowledgeable, experienced and reputable traffic, DUI/DWI, speeding, reckless driving and criminal defense attorneys and are ready to help you with your Greensville County Virginia case today.
I-95 runs directly through Greensville, VA and is a very common place for county deputies to conduct traffic stops for Reckless Driving or speeding offenses. U.S. Route 58 also spans the County of Greensville Virginia and is another place where drivers often receive Virginia Uniform Summonses (traffic tickets) for speeding, reckless driving and other traffic offenses.
Receive an objective assessment of your case. Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with one of our knowledgeable Greensville Reckless Driving Lawyers.
The attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC are experienced handling speeding, reckless driving, DUI and other traffic tickets and criminal offenses in Greensville County, Virginia. Judge Bloom is the presiding judge of Greensville County General District Court and as such he hears all speeding ticket cases, as well as all misdemeanors such as Reckless Driving and DUI/DWI. Our lawyers understand the unique court policies in Greensville and what is required to have your case reduced or dismissed.
If you were arrested for DUI/DWI or if you received a ticket or summons for speeding, reckless driving or another traffic offense in Greensville County, Virginia, it is important that you hire a knowledgeable and respected traffic defense attorney to provide you sound legal advice and counsel. The lawyers of The Weiland Firm, PLC are prepared to defend you on your Greensville County DUI, reckless driving or speeding charge. We take the time to get to know you and to learn the unique facts of your specific case. We know how to best apply any possible defenses that may be available, and how to best present your case to the Greensville County General District Court judge.
Greensville Va Traffic Lawyers – Call for Free Consultation (804) 355-8037.
Greensville County Reckless Driving Laws
Greensville County Va follows the statutes set forth by the Commonwealth of Virginia for Traffic Laws. Va Traffic Law section Commonwealth of Virginia State Law Code 46.2-862 Exceeding speed limit is a Reckless Driving Offense:
The statute states that anyone travels 20 MPH faster than the local posted speed limit will be consider reckless driving. The statue states that anyone driving over 85 MPH will be considered Reckless Driving
Other Ways you can be charged with Reckless Driving in Greensville County VA
- 46.2-854 Passing on a grade or on a curve
- 46.2-855 Driving with View obstructed/control impaired
- 46.2-856 Passing two vehicles abreast
- 46.2-857 Driving two abreast in a single lane
- 46.2-858 Passing at a railroad grade crossing
- 46.2-859 Passing a stopped school bus
- 46.2-860 Failing to give proper signals
- 46.2-861 Driving too fast for conditions
- 46.2-863 Failure to yield
- 46.2-864 Recklessness on parking lots, etc
- 46.2-865 Racing
- 46.2-865.1 Injuring or causing death of another while racing; penalties
- 46.2-866 Racing; aiders or abettors
- 46.2-867 Racing; seizure of motor vehicle
- 46.2-868.1 Aggressive Driving
Greensville County Va Reckless Driving Penalties and Fines
If your are found guilty in your reckless driving traffic court case from Greensville County Va you may be subject to the following:
- Jail time – A reckless driving conviction can face up to 1 year in Jail as a Class One Misdemeanor.
- Fines – A reckless driving conviction can be fined up to $2,500
- Drivers License Suspension – A reckless driving conviction can result in the loss of Va Drivers license privileges for up to 6 Months.
- DMV Demerit Points. – A reckless driving conviction results in Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) 6 demerit points. These points last for 11 years on your DMV record.
Reckless Driving Consequences
Not only could one face immediate jail time, loss of license, heavy court fines if found guilty of a reckless driving, there are several other long lasting ramifications of a conviction.
- Potential increase in auto insurance premiums based on driver record.
- Criminal record in which could effect current or future employment opportunities.
- Financial burden from court costs, fines & penalties.
Reckless Driving DMV Points
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles assigns demerit points for convictions of reckless driving. The amount of demerit points vary based upon the version of reckless driving code in which your where found guilty. The length of time the points remain on your Virginia Drivers license also varies.
Reckless Driving DMV Demerit Point & Length of time on your Virginia Drivers Record
- Reckless driving – speeding in excess of 85 MPH (11 years)
- Reckless driving – speeding 20 MPH or more above the posted speed limit (11 years)
- Reckless driving – racing (11 years)
- Reckless driving – passing or overtaking an emergency vehicle (11 years)
- Reckless driving – passing a school bus (11 years)
- Reckless driving – passing on the crest of a hill (11 years)
- Reckless driving – passing at a railroad crossing (11 years)
- Reckless driving – passing two vehicles abreast (11 years)
- Reckless driving – driving two vehicles abreast (11 years)
- Reckless driving – driving too fast for conditions (11 years)
- Reckless driving – failing to give a proper signal (11 years)
- Reckless driving – faulty brakes/improper control (11 years)
- Reckless driving – on parking lots, etc. (11 years)
- Reckless driving – with an obstructed view (11 years)
- Reckless driving – generally (11 years)
- Speeding 20 MPH or more above the posted speed limit (5 years)
The Weiland Firm, PLC: Identifying Defenses, Fighting for Reduced Charges in Reckless Speeding Cases.
Often times, there is such a minor difference in distinguishing a reckless driving charge involving speed from a normal speeding ticket. However, the difference in penalties for being charged with a Reckless Driving Offense can add up to months in jail, months of suspended driving privileges and thousands of dollars in fines.
Our Virginia reckless driving lawyers teach traffic violation law and advise lawyers from other jurisdictions regarding reckless driving law. We can quickly and accurately evaluate your case, provide an honest assessment and deliver experienced, knowledgeable representation.
Awesome attorney!!! I was charged with reckless driving and Mr. Weiland got it reduced to a moving violation with 0 points on my license!! I would highly recommend him!! The law firm is very professional and communicates consistently with the client to keep them informed! I will definitely hire him again if I ever need an attorney!!.
If you were arrested or given a summons in Greensville Va, please call one of our experienced traffic lawyers at (804) 355-8037.
Greensville County General District Court Information
Phone: (434) 634-5400
Fax: (434) 634-0049
Hon. Stephen D. Bloom, Chief Judge
Hon. C. Ridley Bain
Hon. Bruce A. Clark Jr.
Hon. H. Lee Townsend III
General District Court Schedule
9:00 am State Police Traffic and Criminal Attorney
11:00 am State Police Traffic (without attorney)
9:00 am Greensville Co. Traffic – Attorney
11:00 am Greensville Co. Traffic (without attorney)
Our Greensville Country Virginia Traffic Lawyers Practice Area Covers:
If you were arrested or given a summons, please call one of our experienced traffic lawyers at (804) 355-8037.