Reckless Driving Traffic and DUI/DWI Lawyers in Brunswick County, Virginia
The traffic attorneys at Weiland Upton have the knowledge and experience to give you personalized legal advice regarding your pending traffic matter. We have worked with clients charged with many different offenses and traffic-related crimes in the Brunswick County area.
We represent clients charged with traffic offenses in Brunswick County, Virginia regardless of where they live. Officers frequently write speeding and reckless driving tickets to people traveling through Brunswick County on U.S. Interstate 85 (I-85), U.S. Route 58, and U.S. Route 1. We work with clients who receive traffic tickets throughout Brunswick County, in and around Alberta, Brodnax, Lawrenceville, Gasburg, Ebony, Warfield, Meredithville and White Plains.
The Brunswick County Va Courthouse for All traffic summons is located In Lawrenceville Va
Address: Albertis S. Harrison Jr. Courthouse 202 North Main Street Lawrenceville, VA 23868
Receive an Free objective assessment of your case. Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with one of our knowledgeable attorneys.
Whether you have a simple matter or multiple charges, we can help. We specialize in cases involving:
- Reckless Driving(Speeding) – Our legal team will work to help you avoid a reckless driving criminal conviction which can result in the suspension of your driver’s license, an expensive fine, a jail sentence, higher insurance costs and additional demerit points. We have years of experience finding ways to have a reckless driving charge reduced from a crime to a minor traffic offense – or even dismissed.
- Speeding – Our law firm is able to provide you with result-oriented legal help regarding your speeding ticket case. We can advise you on whether to hire a lawyer or pay the ticket. And though a speeding ticket is not as serious as a reckless driving charge, it can still impact your driving record and auto insurance rates. Our skilled attorneys will work to get your speeding charges dismissed.
- Reckless Driving (Accident) – A reckless driving charge resulting from a single-car or multi-car accident is a crime. Our attorneys are extremely knowledgeable about legal defenses for reckless driving. We are very successful at getting reckless driving charges dismissed or reduced to traffic infractions that do not carry the serious consequences of a reckless driving conviction.
- DUI (Alcohol or Drugs) – Our law firm focuses on DUI and traffic offenses – and we have a lot of experience with both. Our DUI attorneys will work to develop the most effective legal defense we can so that your case may result in a dismissal or reach a resolution that results in a reduced charge. Whether it is your first DUI or you have previous convictions, we will work to help you avoid the punishments of a DUI conviction.
- Marijuana Possession – Over the last two decades, we have helped hundreds of Virginians accused of marijuana-related offenses.
Our attorneys possess the necessary skills and know how to defend traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes in Brunswick County. Learn more about our lawyers. We have appeared numerous times before the only general district court judge in Brunswick County (Judge Bain) who hears all of the speeding, reckless driving, and DUI cases in the county. The local Brunswick County prosecutors do not participate in speeding or reckless driving cases.
The Albertis S. Harrison Jr. Courthouse for Brunswick County Va traffic cases is located at 202 North Main Street Lawrenceville, VA 23868
Reckless Driving in Brunswick County is a Serious Issue
Many out of state drivers as well as Virginia motorists may not beware of the statutes and laws effecting this local Commonwealth of Virginia traffic law 46.2-862 which states that Exceeding speed limit is a Reckless Driving Offense:
Anyone driving over 80 MPH is considered a Reckless Driver.
Anyone going 20 MPH over the posted local speed limit is considered a Reckless Driver.
This statute catches many drivers on the major interstates, unaware. With posted speeds of 70 MPH on many of the interstates, being clocked by police going 81 MPH is a reckless driving ticket!
Reckless Driving Convictions can results in Jail time, Class One Misdemeanor Record, Excessive Fines, Loss of Driving Privileges, DMV Demerit Points, and increased Insurance Premiums.
A reckless driving ticket can not just be paid off like a speeding violation and requires the ticked motorist to appear in court. With legal representation however, there are instances in with a Lawyer can represent your case with you being present. This is often the case for out-of-state motorist who have be cited for traffic violations.
Contact the Brunswick County Reckless Driving Lawyers at Weiland Upton for a free consultation to discuss your case an options. Call (804) 355-8037.
Brunswick County Reckless Driving Laws
Commonwealth of Virginia an Brunswick County Va reckless driving laws cover many driving infractions. A criminal citation for reckless driving may be issued by local or state police for any of the following incidents:
( Source )
46.2-854 Passing on a grade or on a curve
46.2-855 Driving with view obstructed/control impaired
46.2-856 Passing two vehicles abreast
46.2-857 Driving two abreast in a single lane
46.2-858 Passing at a railroad grade crossing
46.2-859 Passing a stopped school bus
46.2-860 Failing to give proper signals
46.2-861 Driving too fast conditions
46.2-863 Failure to yield
46.2-864 Recklessness in parking lots, etc
46.2-865.1 Injuring or causing death of another while racing; penalties
46.2-866 Racing; aiders or abettors
46.2-867 Racing; seizure of motor vehicle
46.2-868.1 Aggressive Driving
I walked into the courtroom ready and prepared as I knew my attorney was as well and he definitely displayed such in front of the Judge. John Weiland’s representation is more than worth the money and I would strongly recommend him to anyone.
Read More about Lawrenceville VA Reckless Driving Lawyers
If you were arrested or given a summons, please call one of our experienced traffic lawyers at (804) 355-8037. Put us to work for you.
Read More About: