When it comes to Reckless Driving charges in the Metro Richmond area, as well as all of Central Virginia, there’s no better legal representation that you’ll find from The Weiland Firm, PLC. Reckless driving cases are our primary specialty with thousands and thousands of satisfied clients across decades of combined experience – both inside and outside the courtroom. It’s that experience, coupled with our relentless pursuit of client goals, that separates us from all the other firms out there offering traffic law representation in Virginia. Plus, our Reckless Driving track record and results are second to none
With a variety of ways to be charged with Reckless Driving in the Commonwealth of Virginia, you need a highly experienced traffic lawyer with established relationships and a deep and extensive knowledge of strategies and defenses that will work in specific jurisdictions. In short, you need The Weiland Firm, PLC. Call (804) 355-8037 or use our contact form to schedule an free consultation at a time that’s right for you.
Consequences for Reckless Driving in Virginia
Unlike many states in the nation, Virginia comes down hard on those charged with Reckless Driving – no matter what the specifics of the situation. And there are far more ways to earn the charge in the Commonwealth than many out-of-state drivers expect – including going 85 MPH or faster under any posted speed limit. That’s a shock to many and it’s why we handle so many out-of-state cases. However, speeding isn’t the only way to be charged with Reckless Driving in Virginia. That list includes all of the following:
- Passing on a Grade or on a Curve
- Driving with View Obstructed/Control Impaired
- Passing Two Vehicles Abreast
- Driving Two Abreast in a Single Lane
- Passing at a Railroad Grade Crossing
- Passing a Stopped School Bus
- Failing to Give Proper Signals
- Driving Too Fast for Conditions
- Failure to Yield
- Recklessness on Parking Lots, etc.
- Injuring or Causing Death of Another While Racing
- Racing; Aiders Or Abettors
- Racing; Seizure Of Motor Vehicle
- Aggressive Driving
Established Firm with Great Relationships
When you’re facing a Reckless Driving charge in Virginia, you need an attorney from an established practice who maintains good working relationships with the Officers of the Courts that they practice in – like the attorneys from The Weiland Firm, PLC. We’ve not only worked hard to build strong relationships with the decisionmakers in our jurisdictions but have gone further to develop new defenses used by other firms in cases across the state. That makes our lawyers ideally suited to taking on the challenges of your Reckless Driving case and making a real difference in the outcome you can expect.
Additional Practice Areas
The Weiland Firm, PLC is more than just a Reckless Driving defense firm. Our top-rated attorneys focus on a range of traffic law and criminal defense specialties – including the finest reckless driving defense in the Commonwealth. We offer all of the following legal services to clients in the Metro Richmond and Central Virginia areas:
- Speeding: The Weiland Firm, PLC is the Virginia’s best traffic law firm specializing in helping clients with Speeding tickets issued in jurisdictions where we practice. Whether a simple ticket for excessive speed or something more severe, we can help find the right defense for the circumstances of any traffic stop.
- DUI/DWI: When you’ve been charged with a DUI/DWI in Virginia, you’re going to need the most effective legal team in the Commonwealth on your side to ensure you don’t see the stiffest penalties possible. That is, without doubt, The Weiland Firm, PLC.
- Commercial Drivers: When a commercial driver is ticketed or charged with a crime, it can have an enormous impact on their ability to make a living. That’s where the traffic and criminal lawyers from The Weiland Firm, PLC come in. We defend commercial drivers and have an incredible success rate in Commonwealth courts.
- Hit & Run: If you’ve been charged with Hit & Run or Eluding, you’re facing stiff penalties if you go into court without an experienced and respected attorney by your side. The Weiland Firm, PLC specializes in working with Hit & Run and Eluding clients across Virginia.
- Driving On A Suspended License: The skilled traffic attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC have helped hundreds of clients who have been charged with Driving on a Suspended License in Virginia. We also assist persons caught Driving Without a License of any kind and initial consultations are free of charge.
- Driving Without A License: The traffic lawyers from The Weiland Firm, PLC have been assisting clients with driving without a license charges for decades and we bring all of the extensive experience to the details of your case. Our firm offers representation throughout Richmond and the Central Virginia area.
- Habitual Offender License Restoration: Now that Virginia is no longer issuing habitual offender classifications, it might be time to check with an attorney to see if you can have your Habitual Offender classification removed and your license restored. The Weiland Firm, PLC can help you get the answers you need and start the reclassification process.
- Underage Possession of Alcohol: Has your child been ticketed for underage possession of alcohol? Then you need the world-class representation that only The Weiland Firm, PLC can offer. We will work hard to see your child given a fair shot in and out of court.
- Out-of-State Drivers: If you’ve been ticketed while driving through or visiting Virginia, The Weiland Firm, PLC is the right firm to call on for assistance with your case. We’ve helped thousands of out-of-state drivers deal with their charges – often without the need to appear in court. We can do the same for you.
The Weiland Firm, PLC Law Office
The Weiland Firm, PLC is the premier traffic law and criminal defense firm in Richmond, Virginia. Our exceptional legal team has more than two decades of combined experience in Metro Richmond and Central Virginia courtrooms, so you can count on them for stellar representation and impeccable results – no matter what the details of your case. We offer free initial consultations at our Richmond location and our helpful staff will be happy to set up a time for you when you call (804) 355-8037 or submit a contact form through our website.
3437 W. Cary St. Richmond, Virginia 23221 | Phone: (804) 355-8037 | Fax: (804) 355-8875
Serving Metro Richmond & Central Virginia
The Weiland Firm, PLC, serves clients charged within the City of Richmond, the City of Bowling Green, the City of Colonial Heights, the City of Emporia, the City of Glen Allen, the City of Hopewell, the City of Lawrenceville, the City of Petersburg, the City of Short Pump, Amelia County, Brunswick County, Caroline County, Chesterfield County, Dinwiddie County, Goochland County, Greensville County, Hanover County, Henrico County, King George County, Mecklenburg County, New Kent County, Prince George County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County and Sussex County.
Yes, we most certainly do. In fact, reckless driving cases are one of our primary focuses, so you can count on our highly skilled attorneys for exceptional representation that delivers the outcomes you’re hoping for.
In Virginia, reckless driving is defined as any vehicle going 85 MPH or faster – no matter what the posted limit. So, on I-95 with a 75 MPH speed limit you can be charged with reckless driving for 10 MPH over the legal limit.
Yes. With so many interstates crisscrossing Virginia, we see a great many out-of-state drivers ticketed in the Commonwealth who had no idea they were reckless driving. We work hard to see their charges reduced or dismissed.
This all depends on the specifics of your case and your past driving history. Rest assured, The Weiland Firm, PLC will do everything within our power to ensure you can take care of your responsibilities to the court from afar.
Yes, we absolutely do. Just contact us at your convenience and we’ll find the ideal time to meet – whether that’s in-person or electronically. We’ll provide all the answers you need to make the best decision for your case.