Have you been charged with a DUI or DWI in Metro Richmond or Central Virginia? Do you need the best traffic and criminal law team in the Commonwealth to assist you in avoiding the stiffest penalties that could come with a conviction? Or to help you have the case reduced or dismissed in court? Then you need the unmatched legal minds from The Weiland Firm, PLC on your side defending you, your future, your livelihood and your driving privileges against the charges brought in court. There’s no more capable, more experienced traffic law and criminal defense available in Virginia – no matter the details of your case.
Make the right choice when you need sound legal assistance for a Virginia DUI/DWI – call the traffic law and criminal defense attorneys from The Weiland Firm, PLC at (804) 355-8037 or use our convenient contact form to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case. Our attorneys will provide all the information you need to make a sound decision about your DUI/DWI.
Consequences for DUI/DWI in Virginia
Virginia takes driving under the influence and driving while intoxicated very seriously. In fact, they’re one of the most severe states in the nation when it comes to penalties for first offenses, so you’re going to need an established traffic law and criminal defense attorney if you wish to stand a chance before, during and after your trial. If convicted, you could face all of the following:
- Heavy fines of at least $500 in most cases
- Loss of driving privileges for one full year
- Loss of educational and employment opportunities
- Increased insurance premiums for months or years
- Possible jail time depending on circumstances of arrest
Established Firm with Great Relationships
When you’re facing a DUI/DWI in Virginia, you need an attorney from an established practice who maintains good working relationships with the Officers of the Courts that they practice in – like the attorneys from The Weiland Firm, PLC. We’ve not only worked hard to build strong relationships with the decisionmakers in our jurisdictions but have gone further to develop new defenses used by other firms in Virginia DUI cases across the state. That makes our lawyers ideally suited to taking on the challenges of your DUI case and making a real difference in the outcome you can expect.
Additional Practice Areas
The Weiland Firm, PLC is more than just a DUI defense firm. Our top-rated attorneys focus on a range of traffic law and criminal defense specialties – including the finest reckless driving defense in the Commonwealth. We offer all of the following legal services to clients in the Metro Richmond and Central Virginia areas:
- Speeding: The Weiland Firm, PLC is the Virginia’s best traffic law firm specializing in helping clients with Speeding tickets issued in jurisdictions where we practice. Whether a simple ticket for excessive speed or something more severe, we can help find the right defense for the circumstances of any traffic stop.
- Reckless Driving: In Virginia, Reckless Driving is a very serious offense that goes beyond a moving violation to a crime. That’s why you need the most experienced reckless driving lawyer you can find – like those from The Weiland Firm, PLC
- Commercial Drivers: When a commercial driver is ticketed or charged with a crime, it can have an enormous impact on their ability to make a living. That’s where the traffic and criminal lawyers from The Weiland Firm, PLC come in. We defend commercial drivers and have an incredible success rate in Commonwealth courts.
- Hit & Run: If you’ve been charged with Hit and Run or Eluding, you’re facing stiff penalties if you go into court without an experienced and respected attorney by your side. The Weiland Firm, PLC specializes in working with Hit and Run and Eluding clients across Virginia.
- Driving On A Suspended License: The skilled traffic attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC have helped hundreds of clients who have been charged with Driving on a Suspended License in Virginia. We also assist persons caught Driving Without a License of any kind and initial consultations are free of charge.
- Driving Without A License: The traffic lawyers from The Weiland Firm, PLC have been assisting clients with driving without a license charges for decades and we bring all of the extensive experience to the details of your case. Our firm offers representation throughout Richmond and the Central Virginia area.
- Habitual Offender License Restoration: Now that Virginia is no longer issuing habitual offender classifications, it might be time to check with an attorney to see if you can have your Habitual Offender classification removed and your license restored. The Weiland Firm, PLC can help you get the answers you need and start the reclassification process.
- Underage Possession of Alcohol: Has your child been ticketed for underage possession of alcohol? Then you need the world-class representation that only The Weiland Firm, PLC can offer. We will work hard to see your child given a fair shot in and out of court.
- Out-of-State Drivers: If you’ve been ticketed while driving through or visiting Virginia, The Weiland Firm, PLC is the right firm to call on for assistance with your case. We’ve helped thousands of out-of-state drivers deal with their charges – often without the need to appear in court. We can do the same for you.
The Weiland Firm, PLC Law Office
The Weiland Firm, PLC is the premier traffic law and criminal defense firm in Richmond, Virginia. Our exceptional legal team has more than two decades of combined experience in Metro Richmond and Central Virginia courtrooms, so you can count on them for stellar representation and impeccable results – no matter what the details of your case. We offer free initial consultations at our Richmond location and our helpful staff will be happy to set up a time for you when you call (804) 355-8037 or submit a contact form through our website.
3437 W. Cary St. Richmond, Virginia 23221 | Phone: (804) 355-8037 | Fax: (804) 355-8875
Serving Metro Richmond & Central Virginia
The Weiland Firm, PLC, serves clients charged within the City of Richmond, the City of Bowling Green, the City of Colonial Heights, the City of Emporia, the City of Glen Allen, the City of Hopewell, the City of Lawrenceville, the City of Petersburg, the City of Short Pump, Amelia County, Brunswick County, Caroline County, Chesterfield County, Dinwiddie County, Goochland County, Greensville County, Hanover County, Henrico County, King George County, Mecklenburg County, New Kent County, Prince George County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County and Sussex County.
Yes, we most certainly do. Our highly experienced and knowledgeable traffic law attorneys specialize in DUI/DWI defense and have even developed defense strategies used by other firms across the Commonwealth.
This depends on what type of DUI a person receives. A first offense usually brings a fine of $500. This increases substantially for each subsequent conviction for DUI a person receives. You’ll also pay higher insurance premiums after conviction.
In Virginia, license suspension is usually a result of a DUI/DWI conviction, so the answer is yes with a caveat. If you hire an experienced DUI attorney, like those from The Weiland Firm, PLC, you may be able to avoid a suspension.
Yes, we can help you – no matter how many DUI convictions you might have. The attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC have worked with hundreds of clients who’ve had multiple DUIs and succeeded where others fail.
Of course. It’s actually one of the specialties of the legal team at The Weiland Firm, PLC. We’ve successfully represented drivers who’ve been charged with DUI while visiting or passing through the Commonwealth.