Out-of-State Drivers in Virginia
If you’re an out-of-state driver who was ticketed or charged with a crime while visiting or passing through the Commonwealth of Virginia, you’re going to need an experienced legal defense team to assist you in mitigating the impacts – especially to help you avoid coming back for court appearances. That’s where the world-class trial lawyers and negotiators from The Weiland Firm, PLC can save the day. We’ve been working with out-of-state drivers for decades as a team and bring all of that experience to the details of your case, so you get extraordinary results that you can depend on to protect your driving privileges and future from Virginia’s traffic laws and the punishments attached to them.
When you’ve been ticketed or charged in Virginia, your first call should be to the team at The Weiland Firm, PLC. Once we’re on your side, and the earlier we’re on the case, we’re sure to find the appropriate strategy to deliver the outcome you’re hoping for – no matter the specifics of your traffic stop or arrest. Call (804) 355-8037 or use our contact form to schedule a consultation today. It’s free of charge and totally confidential.
Benefits Offered to Out-of-State Drivers
The best option you have for fighting a Virginia ticket or criminal charge is working with the right lawyer. At The Weiland Firm, PLC, we’ve striven to be that lawyer for all out-of-state drivers who come to us for assistance. We have proven strategies and successful defenses available for any possible scenario – especially reckless driving – so make the right choice to avoid the consequences of Virginia traffic law and criminal charges. Turn to The Weiland Firm, PLC and be assured of the following:
- You’ll have a proven Virginia traffic law and criminal defense firm on your side.
- Proven strategies for helping you avoid in-person court appearances.
- Decades of experience and thousands of satisfied clients in a range of case types.
Established Firm with Great Relationships
When you’re an out-of-state resident ticketed while driving or charged with a crime in Virginia, you need an attorney from an established practice who maintains good working relationships with the Officers of the Courts that they practice in – like the attorneys from The Weiland Firm, PLC. We’ve not only worked hard to build strong relationships with the decisionmakers in our jurisdictions but have gone further to develop new defenses used by other firms in cases across the state. That makes our lawyers ideally suited to taking on the challenges of your case and making a real difference in the outcome you can expect.
Additional Practice Areas
The Weiland Firm, PLC is more than just an out-of-state driver defense firm. Our top-rated attorneys focus on a range of traffic law and criminal defense specialties – including the finest reckless driving defense in the Commonwealth. We offer all of the following legal services to clients in the Metro Richmond and Central Virginia areas:
- Speeding: The Weiland Firm, PLC is the Virginia’s best traffic law firm specializing in helping clients with Speeding tickets issued in jurisdictions where we practice. Whether a simple ticket for excessive speed or something more severe, we can help find the right defense for the circumstances of any traffic stop.
- DUI/DWI: When you’ve been charged with a DUI/DWI in Virginia, you’re going to need the most effective legal team in the Commonwealth on your side to ensure you don’t see the stiffest penalties possible. That is, without doubt, The Weiland Firm, PLC.
- Reckless Driving: In Virginia, Reckless Driving is a very serious offense that goes beyond a moving violation to a crime. That’s why you need the most experienced reckless drivinlawyer you can find – like those from The Weiland Firm, PLC
- Commercial Drivers: When a commercial driver is ticketed or charged with a crime, it can have an enormous impact on their ability to make a living. That’s where the traffic and criminal lawyers from The Weiland Firm, PLC come in. We defend commercial drivers and have an incredible success rate in Commonwealth courts.
- Hit & Run: If you’ve been charged with Hit and Run or Eluding, you’re facing stiff penalties if you go into court without an experienced and respected attorney by your side. The Weiland Firm, PLC specializes in working with Hit and Run and Eluding clients across Virginia.
- Driving On A Suspended License: The skilled traffic attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC have helped hundreds of clients who have been charged with Driving on a Suspended License in Virginia. We also assist persons caught Driving Without a License of any kind and initial consultations are free of charge.
- Driving Without A License: The traffic lawyers from The Weiland Firm, PLC have been assisting clients with driving without a license charges for decades and we bring all of the extensive experience to the details of your case. Our firm offers representation throughout Richmond and the Central Virginia area.
- Habitual Offender License Restoration: Now that Virginia is no longer issuing habitual offender classifications, it might be time to check with an attorney to see if you can have your Habitual Offender classification removed and your license restored. The Weiland Firm, PLC can help you get the answers you need and start the reclassification process.
- Underage Possession of Alcohol: Has your child been ticketed for underage possession of alcohol? Then you need the world-class representation that only The Weiland Firm, PLC can offer. We will work hard to see your child given a fair shot in and out of court.
The Weiland Firm, PLC Law Office
The Weiland Firm, PLC is the premier traffic law and criminal defense firm in Richmond, Virginia. Our exceptional legal team has more than two decades of combined experience in Metro Richmond and Central Virginia courtrooms, so you can count on them for stellar representation and impeccable results – no matter what the details of your case. We offer free initial consultations at our Richmond location and our helpful staff will be happy to set up a time for you when you call (804) 355-8037 or submit a contact form through our website.
3437 W. Cary St. Richmond, Virginia 23221 | Phone: (804) 355-8037 | Fax: (804) 355-8875
Serving Metro Richmond & Central Virginia
The Weiland Firm, PLC, serves clients charged within the City of Richmond, the City of Bowling Green, the City of Colonial Heights, the City of Emporia, the City of Glen Allen, the City of Hopewell, the City of Lawrenceville, the City of Petersburg, the City of Short Pump, Amelia County, Brunswick County, Caroline County, Chesterfield County, Dinwiddie County, Goochland County, Greensville County, Hanover County, Henrico County, King George County, Mecklenburg County, New Kent County, Prince George County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County and Sussex County.
Perhaps in the past it was possible to ignore it and hope for the best but those days are long gone. Today, ignoring a ticket will end up costing far more than if you paid it on time or hired an experienced traffic lawyer to represent your interests.
Unfortunately, this is a question we hear far too often. In Virginia, reckless driving is defined as any driver going 85 MPH or above – no matter the posted speed. That means that going a mere 10 MPH over on I-95 is reckless driving.
Reckless driving is a criminal offense in Virginia so you’re going to have to appear in court to face the charge. However, if the attorneys from The Weiland Firm, PLC are representing you then we can appear on your behalf.
Yes, we do. In fact, we provide the finest, most effective DUI/DWI representation in the Richmond area, as well as all of the surrounding communities. We’ll work closely with you to determine the best possible defense.
If a commercial driver was charged with a traffic violation or crime, then we’re ready, willing and able to assist them with proven legal strategies tailored to the details of their case. It doesn’t matter where you’re from, so long as your charge happened here.