Henrico County Reckless Driving Lawyers
DUI Traffic & Possession Attorneys
Located on the same street as the Henrico County courthouse, Weiland Upton has attorneys ready to speak with you for a Free Consultation about your pending traffic case and are able to provide you with the most up-to-date legal advice. We have years of experience working with clients charged with traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes in Henrico County, VA. Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with one of our experienced Henrico Reckless Driving Lawyers about your case.
Our lawyers defend:
- Reckless Driving by Speed: Reckless driving by speed is the same level of offense as a DUI. We know a reckless driving by speed conviction may increase your insurance premiums and may, even, lead to the suspension of your driving privileges. Our attorneys our dedicated to helping you avoid a reckless driving criminal conviction, increased insurance premiums, license suspension, and the accumulation of excessive demerit points.
- Reckless Driving – Accident: If you are charged with reckless driving or failure to maintain control as a result of an accident you are charged with a crime. We are ready to pinpoint the most effective legal defense available to you, so we can help you avoid a criminal conviction, loss of your driving privileges, increased insurance premiums, and the accumulation of excessive demerit points.
- DUI and DWI: Our attorneys are ready to put on the most effective legal defense possible. Whether it is your first DUI or you have had previous DUI convictions, we know how the level of alcohol impacts your case. We will take time to explain to you the legal consequences of a DUI conviction.
- Hit and Run: Our hit and run lawyers have successfully defended numerous clients charged with hit and run. The penalties for hit and run vary – it may be a non-jailable misdemeanor charge or a felony depending on whether somebody was injured or the extent of any property damage. A person found guilty of hit and run may have their driver’s license suspended for up to six months without any ability to obtain a restricted license.
- Speeding: Our attorneys are able to provide you with clear-cut advice on whether you should hire an attorney or pre-pay your speeding ticket in Virginia. Our attorneys will identify the best way to help you avoid the accumulation of excessive demerit points and increased insurance premiums.
- Driving on Suspended License: We are ready to help you identify the reason for your license suspension and guide you through the process of getting your license reinstated.
- Possession of marijuana. We are experienced and skilled in defending against substance possession charges, and can also work with the courts to mitigate your penalties in the case of a conviction. We have successfully argued that compliance with alcohol or substance classes or performing community service should result in dismissal of charges.
- Underage Possession of Alcohol. In Virginia it’s illegal for a person under the age of twenty-one years old to purchase, possess, or consume any alcoholic beverage like liquor, wine, and beer. Our attorneys have years of experience defending minors and young adults charged with underage possession of alcohol.
We also handle other traffic charges such as CDL problems for commercial truck drivers and traffic tickets for out-of-state drivers, as well as possession of marijuana charges.
Experienced Henrico County Traffic Lawyers
Our lawyers represent residents of the Henrico County, VA as well as residents of neighboring Chesterfield County, Hanover County, and the City of Richmond who have received traffic tickets while traveling through Henrico County neighborhoods or Interstates I-95, I-295, I-64, or I-288. We work with clients in Varina, Glen Allen, Short Pump, Chamberlayne, Dumbarton, Lakeside, Highland Springs, Laurel, Montrose, Sandston, Highland Springs, East Highland Park, Tuckahoe, and Wyndham.
Our law firm possesses the necessary skills and know-how to defend traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes in as professional Henrico Traffic Lawyers. We know, for example, that even though there are four general district court judges, only three of the judges hear traffic offenses and traffic crimes. Generally, Henrico County prosecutors prosecute traffic offenses and traffic related crimes. Our attorneys are, also, familiar with how the three general district court judges who preside over traffic cases handle those cases in their courts.
Do not be intimidated by the Henrico County legal process. Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with one of our experienced attorneys to discuss your driving under the influence of alcohol charge, hit and run charge, speeding charge, reckless driving by speed charge, reckless driving-accident charge, or driving on a suspended or revoked license charge.
The attorneys at Weiland Upton have years of experience helping persons charged with traffic infractions or traffic-related crimes in the Henrico County. Read more about our law firm.
Call (804) 355-8037 for a Free Consultation with one of our experienced Henrico Va Traffic lawyers about your case.
Henrico County Reckless Driving
Reckless Driving Traffic cases in Henrico County Va follow the statues and traffic laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. There are multiple codes on the books to define various ways a reckless driving violation or ticket may be distributed.
The most common reckless driving summons issues by local and state police in Henrico County Va is based on statute Commonwealth of Virginia State Law Code 46.2-862 for Exceeding speed limit in the following manor to qualify as a Reckless Driving Offense:
In Henrico County Va if you are stopped and convicted in General District Traffic Court for driving 20 miles over the locally posted speed limit it is considered a Reckless Driving Offense.
In Henrico County Va if you are clocked and caught for traveling at any speed above 80 MPH it is instantly considered Reckless Driving.
Note: Interstate I-95, I -64, I-295 and I-288 that pass through Henrico County Va have posted speed limits ranging from 55 MPH to 70 MPH at various points. Driving at a speed of 81 MPH on a posted 70 MPH interstate highway will result in a reckless driving charge if caught.
Henrico County Reckless Driving Conviction
If found guilty in Henrico County Virginia Court for your Reckless Driving charge you may face several potential outcomes.
- Reckless Driving in Virginia is considered a Class One Misdemeanor.
- Class One Misdemeanor is punishable by up to 12 months in jail.
- Reckless Driving can be fined up to $2500. (§ 18.2-11. Punishment for conviction of misdemeanor)
- Reckless Driving can result in a 6 month suspension of your Drivers License.
- Reckless Driving convictions will add 6 DMV demerit points to your license.
All reckless driving tickets require a court appearance, however if you retain legal representation your lawyer may appear in your behalf. This is especially vital if your are an out-of-state driver and appearance would add extra financial hardship.
Henrico County General District Count Information
( Source Information )
4301 East Parham Road
Henrico, VA 23273-0775
Criminal/Traffic: (804) 501-4723
Hon. B. Craig Dunkum, Presiding Judge
Hon. John K. Honey Jr., Presiding Judge
Hon. L. Neil Steverson, Presiding Judge
Hon. George Barton Chucker, Chief Judge
Hon. Thomas O. Bondurant Jr.
Tues. – Thurs., 9:30 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.