Chesterfield County Reckless Driving
The attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC are ready to provide you with pertinent and timely advice concerning your pending Chesterfield County traffic matter, including difficult reckless driving tickets, speeding offenses and both DUI and DWI charges. Our attorneys possess the knowledge and experience to help you make an informed decision in regards to your upcoming traffic case. Rest assured, we have years of experience working with clients charged with traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes in Chesterfield County.
Our qualified and experienced lawyers defend
- DUI charges: Our attorneys are ready to put on the most effective legal defense possible. Whether it is your first DUI or you have previous DUI convictions, we know the level of alcohol, as determined by your breath or blood test, impacts your case. We will take time to explain to you the legal consequences of a DUI conviction.
- Hit & Run charges: Our Chesterfield hit and run attorneys have successfully defended numerous clients charged with this crime. The law in Virginia requires a person involved in an accident to stop at or near the accident and provide the other people involved with specific information including the driver’s identification and contact information. The penalties for hit and run vary. Hit and run may be a non-jailable misdemeanor charge or a felony; depending on whether somebody was injured or the extent of any property damage. A person found guilty of hit and run in Virginia may have their driver’s license suspended for up to six months without any ability to obtain a restricted license.
- Reckless Driving by Speed or Accident: We know a reckless driving by speed conviction may increase your insurance premiums and may lead to the suspension of your driving privileges. If you are charged with reckless driving or failure to maintain control as a result of an accident you are charged with a crime. Our law firm is dedicated to helping you avoid a reckless driving criminal conviction, increased insurance premiums, license suspension, and the accumulation of excessive demerit points.
- Speeding Tickets: Our speeding ticket lawyers are able to provide you with clear-cut advice on whether you should hire a lawyer or pre-pay your ticket. Our lawyers will identify the best way to help you avoid the accumulation of excessive demerit points and increased insurance premiums.
- No Operator’s License: It is a crime to drive in Virginia without first obtaining a valid driver’s license. Over the years, our attorneys have represented numerous clients charged with no operator’s license. Due to our experience in Chesterfield County, we know a person charged with two or more prior offenses for no operator’s license may be sentenced to jail. However, there are potential defenses to this charge for persons who possess a valid license from another state or another country.
- Driving on a Suspended License: We are ready to help you identify the reason for your license suspension and take you through the steps necessary for you to get reinstated. A conviction for a third offense of driving on a suspended license has a ten day mandatory jail sentence. With that in mind, we will attempt to obtain a court date for you that will provide you the best opportunity to reinstate your driver’s license prior to trial. This may help us negotiate a lesser charge on your behalf.
- Underage Possession of Alcohol. In Virginia it’s illegal for a person under the age of twenty-one years old to purchase, possess, or consume any alcoholic beverage like liquor, wine, and beer. Our attorneys have years of experience defending minors and young adults charged with underage possession of alcohol.
- Possession of marijuana. We are experienced and skilled in defending against substance possession charges, and can also work with the courts to mitigate your penalties in the case of a conviction. We have successfully argued that compliance with alcohol or substance classes or performing community service should result in dismissal of charges.
We represent clients who live outside of Virginia traveling through Chesterfield County on Interstate 95 and State Route 288. Our traffic lawyers represent residents of Chesterfield County, Virginia, as well as residents of neighboring Henrico County, Hanover County, and the City of Richmond. We work with clients who receive traffic tickets throughout Chesterfield County including Chester, Bon Air, Bellwood, Bensley, Brandermill, Enon, Etrick, Manchester, Matoaca, Meadowbrook, and Woodlake.
Our traffic attorneys in Chesterfield County are prepared to provide you with straightforward legal advice on your pending traffic or criminal charge. If you were arrested or given a summons, please call one of our experienced attorneys at (804) 355-8037 .
Our attorneys possess the necessary skills and know how to defend traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes in Chesterfield County. We know there are four general district court judges who hear traffic offenses and traffic crimes in Chesterfield County and, generally, Chesterfield County prosecutors participate in the prosecution of traffic offenses. Our attorneys are also familiar with how the four general district court judges handle traffic cases in their respective courts.
There is no need for you to be intimidated by the legal process in Chesterfield County. Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with one of our experienced lawyers to discuss your driving under the influence of alcohol charge, hit and run charge, reckless driving by speed or accident charge, speeding charge, driving on a suspended or revoked license charge or CDL issue in Virginia.
The skilled and knowledgeable attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC have years of experience helping persons charged with traffic infractions or traffic-related crimes in Chesterfield County.
Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with a lawyer regarding your Chesterfield County traffic tickets. You will receive an objective assessment of your case. During the interview process one of our experienced lawyers will quote you a reasonable fee to handle your case.