When you’ve been issued a traffic citation for Speeding in the Metro Richmond or Central Virginia area – even if you’re an out-of-state driver – you should always consider defending yourself against the charge instead of caving in and paying a fee online. Why? Well, speeding tickets have consequences that are often long-term like insurance premium increases and points on your driver’s license. That means that by simply pushing “Pay Now” on the court’s website could cost far more than the ticket price you’re asked to pay. Better to call on The Weiland Firm, PLC and take that ticket to court for a better outcome.
No matter what the circumstances of your Speeding ticket, and no matter where you hail from, The Weiland Firm, PLC will work to see the ticket reduced or dismissed altogether inside and outside the courtroom. Our top-flight traffic lawyers are standing by to assist you with a free initial consultation. Call (804) 355-8037 or use our convenient contact form to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
Consequences for Speeding in Virginia
Virginia treats Speeding as a range of different potential charges. The one an officer presents you with will depend on the specific circumstances of your traffic stop. While all come with fines and points on your license, some bring stiffer penalties that could include jail time – especially if reckless driving is the resultant charge. The Weiland Firm, PLC specializes in the defense of all possible Speeding charges in Virginia. These include:
- Reckless Driving – Speeding
- Maximum Speed Limit for School Buses
- Maximum Speed Limits for Vehicles Under Special Permits
- Speeding in a School Zone or at a School Crossing
- Maximum Speed Limit on Non-Surface Treated Highways
- Maximum Speed Limit on Rural Rustic Roads
- Speeding in a Business or Residential District
- Maximum Speed Limit on Certain Other Highways
- Minimum Speed Limits (Impeding the Flow of Traffic)
- Authority to Change Speed Limits
- Speeding in a Highway Work Zone
- Maximum Speed Limits in Certain Residential Districts
- Speeding on Bridges, Tunnels and Interstates
- Speeding Within Highway Safety Corridor
Established Firm with Great Relationships
When you’re facing a Speeding ticket in Virginia, you need an attorney from an established practice who maintains good working relationships with the Officers of the Courts that they practice in – like the attorneys from The Weiland Firm, PLC. We’ve not only worked hard to build strong relationships with the decisionmakers in our jurisdictions but have gone further to develop new defenses used by other firms in cases across the state. That makes our lawyers ideally suited to taking on the challenges of your Speeding case and making a real difference in the outcome you can expect.
Additional Practice Areas
The Weiland Firm, PLC is more than just a Speeding ticket defense firm. Our top-rated attorneys focus on a range of traffic law and criminal defense specialties – including the finest reckless driving defense in the Commonwealth. We offer all of the following legal services to clients in the Metro Richmond and Central Virginia areas:
- DUI/DWI: When you’ve been charged with a DUI/DWI in Virginia, you’re going to need the most effective legal team in the Commonwealth on your side to ensure you don’t see the stiffest penalties possible. That is, without doubt, The Weiland Firm, PLC.
- Reckless Driving: In Virginia, Reckless Driving is a very serious offense that goes beyond a moving violation to a crime. That’s why you need the most experienced reckless driving lawyer you can find – like those from The Weiland Firm, PLC
- Commercial Drivers: When a commercial driver is ticketed or charged with a crime, it can have an enormous impact on their ability to make a living. That’s where the traffic and criminal lawyers from The Weiland Firm, PLC come in. We defend commercial drivers and have an incredible success rate in Commonwealth courts.
- Hit & Run: If you’ve been charged with Hit & Run or Eluding, you’re facing stiff penalties if you go into court without an experienced and respected attorney by your side. The Weiland Firm, PLC specializes in working with Hit & Run and Eluding clients across Virginia.
- Driving On A Suspended License: The skilled traffic attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC have helped hundreds of clients who have been charged with Driving on a Suspended License in Virginia. We also assist persons caught Driving Without a License of any kind and initial consultations are free of charge.
- Driving Without A License: The traffic lawyers from The Weiland Firm, PLC have been assisting clients with driving without a license charges for decades and we bring all of the extensive experience to the details of your case. Our firm offers representation throughout Richmond and the Central Virginia area.
- Habitual Offender License Restoration: Now that Virginia is no longer issuing habitual offender classifications, it might be time to check with an attorney to see if you can have your Habitual Offender classification removed and your license restored. The Weiland Firm, PLC can help you get the answers you need and start the reclassification process.
- Underage Possession of Alcohol: Has your child been ticketed for underage possession of alcohol? Then you need the world-class representation that only The Weiland Firm, PLC can offer. We will work hard to see your child given a fair shot in and out of court.
- Out-of-State Drivers: If you’ve been ticketed while driving through or visiting Virginia, The Weiland Firm, PLC is the right firm to call on for assistance with your case. We’ve helped thousands of out-of-state drivers deal with their charges – often without the need to appear in court. We can do the same for you.
The Weiland Firm, PLC Law Office
The Weiland Firm, PLC is the premier traffic law and criminal defense firm in Richmond, Virginia. Our exceptional legal team has more than two decades of combined experience in Metro Richmond and Central Virginia courtrooms, so you can count on them for stellar representation and impeccable results – no matter what the details of your case. We offer free initial consultations at our Richmond location and our helpful staff will be happy to set up a time for you when you call (804) 355-8037 or submit a contact form through our website.
3437 W. Cary St. Richmond, Virginia 23221 | Phone: (804) 355-8037 | Fax: (804) 355-8875
Serving Metro Richmond & Central Virginia
The Weiland Firm, PLC, serves clients charged within the City of Richmond, the City of Bowling Green, the City of Colonial Heights, the City of Emporia, the City of Glen Allen, the City of Hopewell, the City of Lawrenceville, the City of Petersburg, the City of Short Pump, Amelia County, Brunswick County, Caroline County, Chesterfield County, Dinwiddie County, Goochland County, Greensville County, Hanover County, Henrico County, King George County, Mecklenburg County, New Kent County, Prince George County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County and Sussex County.
The answer to this question will really depend on what your priorities are and whether or not you care about preserving your good driving record. As experienced traffic attorneys, we believe you’re always better served with solid representation.
That all depends on whether or not you have a qualified traffic attorney on your side – like those from The Weiland Firm, PLC. Points can and often are given out for speeding, so you should always go into court prepared.
Yes, we do. As a well-established Virginia law firm, we’ve worked hard to build solid working relationships with all the relevant Officers of the Court in the jurisdictions in which we practice. This helps us succeed where others might fail.
It might well be the fastest way to deal with a ticket but it’s also an admission of guilt and will carry penalties associated with the offense. That means points on your driver’s license and higher insurance premiums as an added cost.
That’s a definite yes as we specialize in this very thing. Many drivers passing through the Commonwealth run afoul of our traffic laws and our experienced attorneys are there to save the day – even appearing in court on their behalf.