City of Colonial Heights Reckless Driving, DUI and Traffic Lawyers
The attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC are available to provide you with personalized, helpful legal advice regarding your pending speeding or reckless driving ticket, DUI, or other traffic matter. Our attorneys have years of experience and are able to advise you on how to handle your traffic case or DUI charge. The attorneys in our law firm have many years of experience working with clients charged with traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes in the City of Colonial Heights, Virginia. Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with someone on our team.
Our lawyers handle many types of cases including reckless driving, speeding tickets for out-of-state drivers, petitions for restoration of driving privileges, and issues unique to persons who possess a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- DUI Defense: Our lawyers are ready to develop the most effective legal defense possible. Whether it is your first DUI or you have previous DUI convictions, we know how the level of alcohol, as determined by your breath or blood test, impacts your case. We will take time to explain to you the legal consequences of a DUI conviction.
- Hit and Run Charges: Our attorneys have successfully defended numerous clients charged with hit and run. The law in Virginia requires a person involved in an accident stop at or near the accident and provide the other people involved in the accident with specific information. This information includes the driver’s identification and contact information. The penalties for hit and run vary. Hit and run may be a non-jailable misdemeanor charge or a felony depending on whether somebody was injured or the extent of any property damage. A person found guilty of hit and run may have their driver’s license suspended for up to six months without any ability to obtain a restricted license.
- Speeding Tickets: Our attorneys are able to provide you with clear-cut advice on whether you should hire an attorney or pre-pay your ticket. Our attorneys will identify the best way to help you avoid the accumulation of excessive demerit points and increased insurance premiums.
- No Operator’s License: It is a crime to drive in Virginia without first obtaining a valid driver’s license. Over the years, our traffic lawyers have represented numerous clients charged with the crime of no operator’s license.
- Driving on Suspended License Charges: We are ready to help you identify the reason for your license suspension and take you through the steps necessary for you to get reinstated. A conviction for a third offense of driving on a suspended or revoked license has a ten day mandatory jail sentence. With that in mind, we will attempt to obtain a court date for you that will provide you the best opportunity to reinstate your driver’s license prior to trial. This may help us negotiate a lesser charge on your behalf.
Experienced Colonial Heights Traffic Attorneys
We represent clients in Virginia and those passing through who have received a traffic ticket in the area. Virginia State Troopers and police officers for the City of Colonial Heights write speeding and reckless driving tickets and arrest people for DUI who drive in the City and those traveling on I-95. Be aware the speed limit on Interstate 95 goes from 60 mph to 55 mph in Colonial Heights. This speed limit is strictly enforced.
Our traffic ticket lawyers have represented clients in Colonial Heights, Virginia, for many years. Our lawyers possess the legal know-how to represent you or your loved one in pending DUI, speeding, reckless driving, or other criminal or traffic charges. Learn more about our team. We know Colonial Heights traffic cases are only heard on Tuesdays. Additionally, two judges who usually sit in Chesterfield General District Court split the duty of hearing reckless driving, speeding, and DUI cases in Colonial Heights.
Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with one of our knowledgeable attorneys regarding your pending charges in Colonial Heights, VA. We will give you an objective assessment of your situation and quote you a reasonable fee to handle your case.