Petersburg Reckless Driving Lawyers
The traffic attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC can provide you with legal advice regarding your pending speeding or reckless driving ticket, DUI, or other traffic matter. Our attorneys have years of experience and are able to advise you on how to handle your traffic case. We have years of experience working with clients charged with traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes in the City of Petersburg, VA. Learn more about our previous case results.
Call (804) 355-8037 to discuss your charges and learn about what The Weiland Firm, PLC can do for you.
Our lawyers defend:
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol: Our lawyers are ready to put on the most effective legal defense possible for your DUI charge. Whether it is your first DUI or you have had other DUIs, we know how the level of alcohol, as determined by breath or blood test, impacts your case. Our Petersburg DUI lawyers will take time to explain to you the legal consequences of a DUI conviction to you.
- Hit & Run: Our attorneys have successfully defended numerous clients charged with hit and run. Hit and run may be a non-jailable misdemeanor charge or a felony depending on whether somebody was injured or the extent of any property damage. A person found guilty of hit and run may have their driver’s license suspended for up to six months without any ability to obtain a restricted license.
- Speeding Tickets: A speeding charge can increase your insurance premiums. Our speeding ticket attorneys are able to provide you with advice on whether you should hire an attorney or pre-pay your City of Petersburg ticket and will identify the best way to help you avoid the accumulation of excessive demerit points.
- Reckless Driving – Speed or Accident: If you are charged with reckless driving, or failure to maintain control of your vehicle as a result of an accident, you are charged with a crime. We are ready to pinpoint the most effective legal defense available to you. Our goal is to help you avoid a criminal conviction, loss of your driving privileges, increased insurance premiums, and the accumulation of excessive demerit points.
- No Operator’s License: It is a crime to drive in Virginia without first obtaining a valid driver’s license. Over the years, our attorneys have represented numerous clients charged with no operator’s license. Si habla espanol, por favor sabe que nuestro bufete de abogodos tiene abogados que habla espanol. Podemos ayudarle con su cargo de manejar sin una licencia.
- Driving on Suspended/Revoked License: We are ready to help you identify the reason for your license suspension and take you through the steps necessary to get it reinstated. A driving without a license conviction can cause the further loss of your driving privileges while a third offense has a ten day mandatory jail sentence.
- Marijuana Possession: The penalties for possession of marijuana are high: a fine, jail time and a mandatory 6-month revocation of your driver’s license. Our marijuana lawyers have practiced criminal defense law for over two decades. We have helped many Petersburg residents accused of marijuana-related offenses.
We represent clients who live in Virginia as well as out-of-state driver’s speeding tickets in Virginia. Virginia State Troopers and police officers in Petersburg, VA write speeding and reckless driving tickets and arrest people for DUI who drive in the City of Petersburg and those traveling through Petersburg on U.S. Interstates 95 and 85 and Virginia State Route 460. We know DUI’s and traffic cases are heard on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Petersburg. Petersburg prosecutors do not participate in the prosecution of speeding and reckless driving tickets in Petersburg. However, local Petersburg prosecutors handle all DUI and most driving on suspended cases.
The law firm of The Weiland Firm, PLC has years of experience helping persons charged with traffic infractions or traffic-related crimes in the City of Petersburg, Virginia. Learn more about our skilled attorneys.
To speak with one of our Petersburg traffic lawyers regarding your pending charges, call (804) 355-8037. We will give you an objective assessment of your case and tell you what our reasonable fee will be to handle your case.