Caroline County Reckless Driving Attorneys
The Weiland Firm, PLC is a law firm focused on defending individuals charged with traffic offenses and specializing in reckless driving and DUI offenses. We practice all areas of traffic law in Caroline County, Virginia, including DUI and DWI, reckless driving, hit and run, speeding, driving on a suspended license, driving without a license, and other Virginia traffic offenses. The Weiland Firm, PLC has a long history of defending individuals charged with traffic offenses in Caroline County. The attorneys in our office have a good working relationship with and understand the policies of the Caroline County District Court judges, the Commonwealth’s Attorney and his assistants, and police officers. The Weiland Firm, PLC has successfully represented hundreds of clients charged with traffic offenses in Caroline County.
You should carefully evaluate the qualifications of a traffic attorney before selecting a firm to represent you. Because The Weiland Firm, PLC focuses on traffic law, we have gained a vast amount of experience in the defense of traffic offenses. Make sure your attorney is familiar with traffic offense laws and knows how to appropriately present your case in court.
Receive legal help for your traffic tickets and charges. Call us at (804) 355-8037.
Types of Traffic Cases We Handle in Caroline County
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol: A first offense DUI is a class one misdemeanor which carries certain statutory mandatory punishments. Depending upon the level of alcohol in your blood system, a DUI may result in mandatory jail time. Conviction of a first offense DUI also imposes a mandatory suspension of your Virginia driver’s license or privilege to drive; although you may be eligible for a restricted license. Often, the DUI lawyers at The Weiland Firm, PLC are able to successfully challenge a DUI case based upon an improper stop by the police, an invalid arrest, or a problem with the alcohol test.
- Speeding: Our lawyers are able to provide you with solid legal advice on the implications of a speeding offense. As with reckless driving by speed, a speeding offense must be proved by the Commonwealth of Virginia beyond a reasonable doubt. The lawyers at The Weiland Firm, PLC will review your case to identify any possible defenses. Additionally, in certain speeding cases, our lawyers may be able to eliminate the speeding offense upon completion of a court approved defensive driving class. The Weiland Firm, PLC will identify the best way to help you avoid the accumulation of excessive demerit points and increased insurance premiums.
- Reckless Driving by Speed: Like a DUI, reckless driving by speed is a criminal charge in Virginia. Reckless driving by speed is defined as 20 or more miles over the speed limit or any speed over 85 miles per hour. Reckless driving carries six (6) demerit points in Virginia and may also include a fine (up to $2,500), suspension of your Virginia Driver’s license or privilege to drive, and the imposition of jail. You should be careful who you hire to handle your reckless driving offense, as cases involving very high speeds carry a real potential for an active jail sentence. Our lawyers are dedicated to helping you avoid a reckless driving criminal conviction, a jail sentence, higher insurance premiums, license suspension, and the accumulation of excessive demerit points.
- Reckless Driving – Accident: Charges of reckless driving or failure to maintain control resulting in an accident are crimes. We are ready to find the most effective legal defense available to you, so we can help you avoid a criminal conviction, loss of your driving privileges, increased insurance premiums, and the accumulation of excessive demerit points. In Virginia, the mere occurrence of an accident does not mean the driver is guilty of reckless driving. The reckless driving lawyers at The Weiland Firm, PLC have won numerous cases based on the Commonwealth’s inability to establish the elements of the offense.
- Driving on Suspended or Revoked License: We are ready to help you identify the reason for your license suspension and guide you through the process of getting your license reinstated. We will attempt to obtain a court date for you that will give you the best opportunity to reinstate your driver’s license prior to trial.
Our lawyers also handle cases such as out-of-state driver traffic tickets and commercial truck driver license issues as well as possession of marijuana and underage possession of alcohol.
Caroline County officers and state troopers regularly patrol the roads of Caroline County, Bowling Green, Ruther Glen, Port Royal, and surrounding areas. Their patrolling most frequently includes Route 207, Route 301, and Interstate 95. The traffic attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC are familiar with these areas and the respective speed zones in these areas.
Our attorneys know how to defend traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes in Caroline County. We know these offenses are heard in Caroline County every Wednesday and Friday. Our attorneys are very familiar with how the judge who presides on Wednesday and the judge who presides on Friday handle traffic and traffic-relates crimes in their respective courts.
Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with one of our knowledgeable Caroline County lawyers and receive a clear-cut legal analysis of your case.