Sussex County Traffic, Reckless Driving and DUI Attorneys
The traffic attorneys at Weiland Upton are ready to give you personalized legal advice regarding your pending traffic matter. Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to guide you through your traffic case. We have years of experience working with clients charged with traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes in Sussex County.
We represent clients charged in Sussex County, Virginia who live inside and outside of the state. Officers frequently write speeding and reckless driving tickets to people traveling through Sussex County on U.S. Interstate 95 and Virginia State Route 460. We work with clients who receive traffic tickets throughout Sussex County including Stony Creek, Wakefield, Jarratt, Capron, and Waverly.
Our lawyers represent clients charged with:
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol: Our DUI attorneys are ready to undertake the most effective legal defense possible. Whether it is your first DUI or you have previous DUI convictions, the level of alcohol, as determined by your breath or blood test, impacts your case. We will take time to explain to you the legal consequences of a DUI conviction.
- Speeding Tickets: We can provide you with advice on whether you should pre-pay your ticket or hire a speeding ticket attorney to handle the case. Our attorneys will identify the best way to help you avoid the accumulation of excessive demerit points and increased insurance premiums.
- Hit and Run: Our lawyers have successfully defended numerous clients charged with hit and run. The law in Virginia requires that a person involved in an accident stop at or near an accident; failure to do so can result in this charge. Hit and run may be a non-jailable misdemeanor charge or a felony depending on if someone was injured or if there was any property damage. A person found guilty of hit and run may have their driver’s license suspended for up to six months without any ability to obtain a restricted license.
- Reckless Driving – Accident: If you are charged with reckless driving or failure to maintain control as a result of an accident you are charged with a crime. We are ready to determine an effective legal defense for you, so we can help you avoid a criminal conviction, loss of your driving privileges, increased insurance premiums, and the accumulation of excessive demerit points.
- Reckless Driving by Speed: Reckless driving by speed is a crime in Virginia. In fact, it is the same level of offense as a DUI. We know a reckless driving by speed conviction may increase your insurance premiums and may, even, lead to the suspension of your driving privileges. Our law firm is focused on helping you avoid a reckless driving criminal conviction, increased insurance premiums, license suspension, and the accumulation of excessive demerit points.
- No Operator’s License: It is a crime to drive in Virginia without first obtaining a valid driver’s license. Over the years, our attorneys have represented numerous clients charged with no operator’s license. Si habla espanol, por favor sabe que nuestro bufete de abogodos tiene abogados que habla espanol. Podemos ayudarle con su cargo de manejar sin una licencia.
- Driving on Suspended or Revoked License: We are ready to help you identify the reason for your license suspension and take you through the steps necessary for you to get reinstated. A conviction for a third offense of driving on a suspended or revoked license has a ten day mandatory minimum jail sentence. With that in mind, we will attempt to obtain a court date for you that will provide you the best opportunity to reinstate your driver’s license prior to trial. This may help us negotiate a lesser charge on your behalf.
Receive an objective assessment of your case. Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with one of our knowledgeable attorneys.
Our Virginia law firm have been representing clients in Sussex County for many years. Our attorneys possess the necessary skills and know how to defend traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes in Sussex County. We know there are two general district court judges in Sussex who hears speeding, reckless driving, and DUI cases in Sussex County. The local Sussex County prosecutors do not participate in speeding or reckless driving cases. However, local Sussex County prosecutors handle all DUI and driving on suspended cases.
The traffic lawyers of Weiland Upton have years of experience helping persons charged with infractions or traffic-related crimes in the Sussex County, VA. Learn more about our lawyers.
If you were arrested or given a summons, please call one of our experienced traffic lawyers at (804) 355-8037.
Featured Client Review
I hired John Weiland as my attorney for a reckless driving ticket I received in Sussex County (96 in 70). He was extremely professional, kept in contact with me, and was honest with me. We were preemptive before my court date and were able to reduce it to an improper driving ticket. I am extremely grateful and so glad that he was my attorney. I would definitely refer this firm to anyone looking for a lawyer. Thank you so much John!