Virginia Speeding Ticket Defense Attorneys (804) 355-8037
Speeding charges vary greatly in severity and potential penalties. “Reckless driving by speed” can lead to the suspension of your driving privileges, while lesser speeding charges lead to driving points and fines. Who decides the level of your speeding offense, and who can help when police officers make errors?
The Virginia speeding ticket lawyers of The Weiland Firm, PLC have successfully helped thousands of in-state and out-of-state drivers fight speeding tickets and other traffic offenses. Our focus and experience have enabled us to build a high success rate of dismissed or reduced charges for our clients in Richmond, VA and throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
If you have been accused of speeding or reckless driving in Virginia, either as a resident or as a traveler on the I-95, I-295, I-85 and I-64 corridors or other routes, contact us. The speeding lawyers at The Weiland Firm, PLC are available online, or you can reach them by calling (804) 355-8037.
Virginia traffic law is unusual in that any traffic violations you are charged with in Virginia are reported to a vast majority of other states. Both speeding convictions and other traffic offenses in Virginia may lead to the suspension or denial of driving privileges for out-of-state drivers and an increase in insurance premiums.
Effective Speeding Ticket Lawyer in Richmond, VA & Throughout Virginia
From Spotsylvania County and Stafford to Chesterfield County and Richmond, all the way south to Greensville County (Emporia) and Brunswick, our speeding ticket attorneys work with clients throughout Virginia. We are skilled and experienced in using legal strategies to secure dismissal or reduction for many speeding charges. We know how to compel the state to produce evidence regarding the accuracy of its automobile speed measuring equipment and how to use mitigating evidence to benefit our clients. We know how to investigate police error. In addition, the attorneys at The Weiland Firm, PLC are familiar with Virginia speeding ticket ramifications in neighboring states.
Our attorney team can argue for the reduction or dismissal of charges due to mitigating circumstances. Sometimes we can arrange for defensive driving classes held over the Internet, which can reduce or eliminate your penalties. We are also familiar with the court staff in the jurisdictions in which we practice and can manage your case from beginning to end.
Read more about:
Emporia Va Speeding Tickets
Emporia Va Reckless Driving
Reasons a Lawyer should fight your Emporia VA Traffic Ticket
How much Will Insurance rates increase from Emporia Va Traffic Violations
Frequently Asked Questions About Reckless Driving
Emporia Va Reckless Driving Attorneys
Emporia Va Traffic Lawyers
If you are looking for an experienced speeding attorney, contact The Weiland Firm, PLC. We offer free initial consultations, accept credit cards and are conveniently located near I-95 and I-295 in the Richmond area. Contact us online, call us at (804) 355-8037.
Our lawyers handle cases involving speeding and reckless speeding tickets in many local jurisdictions around the City of Richmond. These jurisdictions include Brunswick, Emporia, King George, City of Petersburg, Dinwiddie County, Goochland County, Henrico County, Hanover County, Chesterfield County, Prince George County, Lawrenceville Va, New Kent County, Spotsylvania County, the City of Hopewell, Sussex County, Caroline County, Amelia County, the City of Colonial Heights, Powhatan County and Stafford County.
Speeding Ticket Defense Attorneys in Richmond VA
Depending upon the circumstances of the incident in question, a speeding ticket in Virginia may be charged as follows:
- 46.2-862 Reckless Driving – Speeding
- 46.2-870 Speeding
- 46.2-871 Maximum Speed Limit for School Buses
- 46.2-872 Maximum Speed Limits for Vehicles Under Special Permits
- 46.2-873 Speeding in a School Zone or at a School Crossing
- 46.2-873.1 Maximum Speed Limit on Nonsurface Treated Highways
- 46.2-873.2 Maximum Speed Limit on Rural Rustic Roads
- 46.2-874 Speeding in a Business or Residential District
- 46.2-875 Maximum Speed Limit on Certain Other Highways
- 46.2-877 Minimum Speed Limits (Impeding the Flow of Traffic)
- 46.2-878 Authority to Change Speed Limits
- 46.2-878.1 Speeding in a Highway Work Zone
- 46.2-878.2 Maximum Speed Limits in Certain Residential Districts
- 46.2-881 Speeding on Bridges, Tunnels and Interstates
- 46.2-947 Speeding Within Highway Safety Corridor
- Speeding Laws Ordinarily speeding tickets are offenses or infractions rather than crimes, but it is not uncommon for speeding tickets to be treated as misdemeanors. If you received a speeding ticket, contact The Weiland Firm, PLC in Richmond to schedule a meeting with an attorney who can explain how the speed laws operate in Virginia. Although the basis for a speed law violation will vary…
- Henrico Speeding (79/55 MPH) Dismissed Names omitted to protect privacy of client. On April 17, 2012, an attorney for The Weiland Firm, PLC was successful in obtaining a dismissal for a Henrico Va charge of speeding (79/55 MPH). The client was not required to pay a fine or attend a defensive driving class.
- How To Behave When Pulled Over For Speeding How To Behave When Pulled Over For Speeding I know that I am not alone when I say that getting pulled over for a speeding ticket makes for a frustrating day. There are a lot of excuses that I might want to make for myself, but when it comes right down to it, speeding can lead to some really dangerous…