Virginia Reckless Driving Defense Lawyers
There are numerous types of reckless driving charges in Virginia. The most common charges are:
- Reckless driving by speed (Reckless Speeding)
- Reckless driving that threatens life
- Reckless driving resulting in the failure to maintain control of a vehicle
The classification and severity of your charge can greatly affect the possible consequence of a conviction. Penalties range from minor fines a $2,500 fine, a year in jail and a six-month driver’s license suspension.
Other common ways someone may be charged with Reckless Driving
a. 46.2-854 Passing on a grade or on a curve
b. 46.2-855 Driving with View obstructed/control impaired
c. 46.2-856 Passing two vehicles abreast
d. 46.2-857 Driving two abreast in a single lane
e. 46.2-858 Passing at a railroad grade crossing
f. 46.2-859 Passing a stopped school bus
g. 46.2-860 Failing to give proper signals
h. 46.2-861 Driving too fast for conditions
i. 46.2-863 Failure to yield
j. 46.2-864 Recklessness on parking lots, etc
k. 46.2-865 Racing
l. 46.2-865.1 Injuring or causing death of another while racing; penalties
m. 46.2-866 Racing; aiders or abettors
n. 46.2-867 Racing; seizure of motor vehicle
o. 46.2-868.1 Aggressive Driving
There are two keys to a successful defense of reckless driving charges and reckless speeding tickets:
- Identifying defenses of the charges
- Have the charges reduced or dismissed based on mitigating evidence
The reckless driving attorneys at Weiland Upton can confidently claim that we have successfully argued for the reduction or dismissal of the majority of the reckless driving cases we handle.
Our lawyers handle reckless driving ticket cases in the City of Richmond and numerous local jurisdictions surrounding the City of Richmond. These jurisdictions include Brunswick, Emporia. King George, New Kent County, Spotsylvania County, the City of Hopewell, Sussex County, Caroline County, Amelia County, Henrico, Hanover, Chesterfield County, Prince George County, the City of Colonial Heights, the City of Petersburg, Dinwiddie County, Goochland County, Stafford County and Powhatan County.
Weiland Upton: Identifying Defenses, Fighting for Reduced Charges in Reckless Speeding Cases.
Often, there is little distinguishing a reckless driving charge involving speed from a minor speeding ticket. Yet, the difference in penalties can add up to months in jail, months of suspended driving privileges and thousands of dollars in fines.
Our Virginia reckless driving lawyers teach traffic violation law, advise lawyers from other jurisdictions and have advised the Virginia House of Delegates regarding reckless driving law. We can quickly and accurately evaluate your case, provide an honest assessment and deliver experienced, knowledgeable representation.
Find out More – Frequently Asked Questions About Reckless Driving
We handle Reckless Driving Cases in the Following Locations:
- Brunswick County Va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Bowling Green Va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Caroline County va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Chesterfield County Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Colonial Heights Va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Dinwiddie County Va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Emporia Va Reckless Driving Lawyer
- Greensville County Va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Hanover County Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Henrico County va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Hopewell Va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Lawrenceville VA Reckless Driving Lawyers
- King George County Va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Mecklenburg County Va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- New Kent County Va Reckless Driving Attorneys
- Petersburg Va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Prince George County Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Richmond Va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Spotsylvania County Va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Stafford County Va Reckless Driving Lawyers
- Sussex County Va Reckless Driving Lawyers
If you face a reckless driving charge in Virginia, contact the law firm of Weiland Upton. We provide free initial consultations, accept credit cards and are conveniently located near I-95 and I-295 in the Richmond area. Call us at (804) 355-8037 or contact us online.