Virginia Drunk Driving Charges Reduced
A lawyer from The Weiland Firm, PLC recently defended two clients in a Virginia courtroom charged with driving under the influence. The attorney attained successful results in both DUI cases.
One client was charged with a second offense DUI and refusal to take a breathalyzer test. If convicted of both charges, our client would have suffered severe consequences.
The combination of both the refusal charge and the second offense DUI would have resulted in the following:
- A mandatory-minimum sentence of twenty (20) days in jail
- License suspension for four (4) years
- Inability to obtain a restricted license for the two years of his suspension
- Ignition interlock on all vehicles he owned
In his discussions with the Commonwealth Attorney, the attorney at The Weiland Firm, PLC was successful in convincing the prosecutor that there may have been a legal issue with the initial stop of the client by the police officer. The prosecutor agreed to dismiss the refusal charge and reduce the charge of driving under the influence from a second offense to a first offense DUI. As such, the defendant did not receive any active jail time, was immediately given a restricted license and did not have to install ignition interlock in his vehicle.
The other client was charged with a first offense DUI. Due to mitigating circumstances, the attorney was able to negotiate a reduction from driving while under the influence of alcohol to reckless driving. Our client avoided a mandatory one year suspension of his license and did not have to enroll in the in the Virginia Alcohol Action Safety Program required in a DUI conviction.
The Weiland Firm, PLC has years of experience providing quality legal representation in Virginia traffic cases. Our office specializes in traffic law, and we are prepared to attain the best possible result in your Virginia DUI case.
The Weiland Firm, PLC is a leading Virginia Traffic Law Firm
Call (804) 355-8037 for a free consultation
- Henrico Country Commercial Driver’s License Ticket Charges Reduced Earlier this month The Weiland Firm, PLC represented a client who received a ticket in Henrico County Virginia for Failing to Yield the Right of Way. Our client’s ticket was a result of him backing his tractor trailer across major and heavy traveled road from one parking lot to another parking lot on the other side of the road. The illegal maneuver…
- Virginia DUI Reduced to Reckless Driving Virginia Lawyer Has DUI Reduced to Reckless Driving One of the Virginia DUI lawyers at The Weiland Firm, PLC recently had a DUI charge reduced to reckless driving. The reduced charge resulted from the police officer’s reason for the stop. Police stopped our client for failure to dim his headlights. Upon being stopped, the police officer smelled the odor of alcohol and…
- Lawyer Has Virginia DUI Case Dismissed Virginia DUI Dismissed in Court An attorney from The Weiland Firm, PLC successfully defended a client against a DUI, 1st offense charge in a Virginia courtroom. The Court dismissed the charge that the client was driving under the influence. The client, whose identity will remain confidential, was stopped by police for weaving within his or her lane and for crossing both…