Richmond Virginia Hit and Run and Eluding Defense Lawyers
If you face hit and run or eluding charges and have questions about possible legal consequences and legal defenses, we can help. The hit and run lawyers of Weiland Upton have helped thousands of people fight serious traffic offenses. We offer free initial consultations, so give us a call.
Hit and Run and Eluding Charges in Virginia
While both hit and run and eluding violations sound like fairly clear-cut charges, each varies widely in severity and in penalties. For example:
- Hit and run penalties vary depending on the value of the property damaged, and whether a person was injured or killed as a result of the collision. Legal consequences range from fines to up to five years in jail.
- Eluding police charges vary depending upon whether others were endangered. Penalties range from no jail to five years in prison. Since July of 2008 even the least severe elude charge can result in jail time.
In addition, both charges can result in the loss of your driver’s license.
Have you been charged with trying to outrun the police in your motor vehicle? Do you face charges of hitting a person or a car or other property, and leaving the scene? Contact the hit and run lawyers of Weiland Upton online, at 804.355.8037.
At Weiland Upton our attorney team are skilled at managing hit and run and eluding charges for both in- and out-of-state drivers. We know traffic law, and work creatively to identify and pursue evidence, legal defenses, and dismissal or reduction of charges. For instance:
- When you are charged with hit and run in Virginia, it is necessary that someone be able to identify the driver. As such, an attorney can work to demonstrate there is no proof as to who really struck the person or property.
- The value of property determines the severity of the hit and run charge. A car may be worth far less than the victim claims, and an accurate assessment of property value can make the difference between small or large fines, community service and significant jail time.
- Satisfied victims can help mitigate your penalties. If you have been positively identified as the driver in a hit and run accident, we can help you work with the victim if you wish to acknowledge your error, which can lead to less severe penalties.
Our skilled hit and run attorneys handle cases throughout Virginia – from Richmond to New Kent County, Prince George County, Caroline County, Henrico County, Chesterfield County, Dinwiddie County, Sussex County, Stafford County, Spotsylvania County, Greensville County, Brunswick County and other locations.
If you have questions regarding your traffic violations and charges, contact a hit and run lawyer at Weiland Upton. We offer free initial consultations, accept credit cards and offer Spanish language services. Contact us online, call 804.355.8037.
Our lawyers are experienced in defending hit and run and eluding tickets. We provide defense services for those ticketed within in the City of Richmond and other nearby local jurisdictions surrounding the City of Richmond area. These jurisdictions include Brunswick, Emporia. King George New Kent County, Spotsylvania County, the City of Hopewell, Henrico County, Amelia County, the City of Colonial Heights, Hanover County, Chesterfield County, Prince George County, Sussex County, Caroline County, the City of Petersburg, Greensville County, Dinwiddie County, Goochland County, Stafford County and Powhatan County.