Dinwiddie County Traffic and DUI Attorneys
The attorneys at Weiland Upton are ready to give you the most up to date legal advice regarding your pending traffic matter in Dinwiddie County, Virginia. Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to advise you on handling your traffic case or DUI charge. We have years of experience working with clients charged with traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes in the Dinwiddie County area.
Receive an objective assessment of your case; call (804) 355-8037.
Our lawyers defend:
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol (DUI): A Weiland Upton DUI lawyer is ready to put on the most effective legal defense possible. Whether it is your first DUI or you have previous DUI convictions, we know how the level of alcohol impacts your case. We will take time to explain to you the legal consequences of a DUI conviction.
- Speeding Tickets: Our attorneys are able to provide you with clear-cut advice on whether you should hire a speeding ticket attorney or pre-pay your ticket. We will identify the best way to help you avoid the accumulation of excessive demerit points and increased insurance premiums.
- Hit and Run: Our Dinwiddie traffic attorneys have successfully defended numerous clients charged with hit and run. The law in Virginia requires a person involved in an accident stop at or near the accident. The penalties for hit and run vary. Hit and run may be a non-jailable misdemeanor charge or a felony depending on whether somebody was injured or the extent of any property damage. A person found guilty of hit and run may have their driver’s license suspended for up to six months without any ability to obtain a restricted license.
- Driving on Suspended or Revoked License: We are ready to help you identify the reason for your license suspension and take you through the steps necessary for you to get reinstated. A conviction for a third offense of driving on a suspended or revoked license has a ten day mandatory jail sentence. With that in mind, we will attempt to obtain a court date for you that will provide you the best opportunity to reinstate your driver’s license prior to trial. This may help us negotiate a lesser charge on your behalf.
- Reckless Driving: By Speed: A reckless driving by speed conviction may increase your insurance premiums and may, even, lead to the suspension of your driving privileges. Failure to Maintain Control of Your Vehicle/Accident: We are ready to pinpoint the most effective legal defense available to you so we can help you avoid a criminal conviction and loss of your driving privileges. Whether you are charged with reckless driving by speed or as a result of an accident, our attorneys will help you avoid a reckless driving criminal conviction, increased insurance premiums, and the accumulation of excessive demerit points.
- No Operator’s License: It is a crime to drive in Virginia without first obtaining a valid driver’s license. Over the years, our law firm has represented hundreds clients charged with no operator’s license
Our traffic ticket lawyers represent clients who live inside and outside of Virginia. Officers frequently write speeding and reckless driving tickets to people traveling through Dinwiddie County, Virginia, on U.S. Interstate 85. We work with clients who receive traffic tickets throughout Dinwiddie County.
Our attorneys are ready to provide you with the best possible legal advice on your pending speeding ticket, reckless driving ticket, or DUI in Dinwiddie County. If you were arrested or given a summons please call one of our experienced attorneys at (804) 355-8037.
Our lawyers have been representing clients in Dinwiddie County for many years. Our lawyers possess the necessary skills and know how to defend traffic offenses and traffic-related crimes in Dinwiddie County. Currently, there are two general district court judges in Dinwiddie who hear speeding, reckless driving, and DUI cases in Dinwiddie County. The local Dinwiddie County prosecutors do not participate in speeding or reckless driving cases. However, local Dinwiddie County prosecutors handle all DUI and driving-on-suspended cases.
The attorneys at Weiland Upton have years of experience helping persons charged with traffic infractions or traffic-related crimes in the Dinwiddie County, Virginia. Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with one of our knowledgeable attorneys regarding your pending charges.