David B. Caddell Jr.
- Richmond, VA
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
To: David B. Caddell Jr.
Dave Caddell is a former prosecutor who knows the ins and outs of defending his clients. He is an excellent criminal trial attorney who focuses on defending persons charged with criminal matters and traffic crimes. Mr. Caddell learned how to try criminal cases when he was as a prosecutor. As a prosecutor, Mr. Caddell handled all types of traffic and criminal cases. These cases involved reckless driving, drunk driving, underage possession of alcohol, and the possession and distribution of drugs. Now, Mr. Caddell uses this invaluable experience to defend his clients. The Journal of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association recently published Mr. Caddell’s article regarding a specialized method for defending individuals charged with drunk driving. Mr. Caddell has the trial experience to provide representation tailored to an individual client’s specific case.
Mr. Caddell defends individuals charged with any criminal offense, traffic infractions, including speeding, failure to obey a traffic sign, and running a red light, and traffic crimes, including reckless driving, drunk driving, hit and run, and eluding a police officer.
Areas of Practice:
- Traffic and Drunk Driving Law
- Kentucky, 2005
- Virginia, 2007
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky J.D.
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Bauer Scholarship
- Honors: Chief Justice Student Govt. Asst.
- Honors: Chase Mentor Program
- Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, Kentucky B.S.
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa National Honors Society
- Honors: Student Govt. Asst. (Vice President)
- Major: Political Science
- Taught Mock DUI Trials for New Police Officers to Teach them how to Prepare for Trial and Testify Trial, 2007 - 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Virginia Bar Association, 2007 - Present Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, 2007 - Present Member
- Hanover County Bar Association, 2007 - Present Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Hanover County Commonwealth's Attorney's Office, Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney, 2007 - 2010
- The Honorable Gregory M. Bartlett, Circuit Court Judge, Law Clerk, 2003 - 2006
- The Hon. Daniel T. Guieleegli, Court of Appeals.
- Federal litigation, Focusing on the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, and 14th Amendments, 2005 - 2009
- Tau Kappa Epsilon